"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

No more Dalai (or Lama?)

RE: Links. http://www.wilsonquarterly.com/article.cfm?AID=1709 and http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-11-24/how-to-get-more-willpower/?cid=hp:mainpromo5 . Two completely different subjects but I like to do that. Did you hear the Dalai Lama is going to retire? How exactly does someone stop being the Dalai (or is it the Lama?) Did he just wake up, look in the mirror and decide “That’s it, I’m done!”? Which is really what I want to talk about, accounting. So much of how we see the world (and ourselves) revolves around the timeframe in which we do our accounting. When times are bad, like they are now in housing for example, if we strike the line here, at the nadir, many people would realize a tremendous loss of equity but several years from now that loss would be negligible because the cycle would come back. Which is really what I want to talk about, cycles. Though I’m not nearly as skilled as I used to be on my motorcycle, I just can’t give it up because I really enjoy the moment when I’m riding. Even the times when I’ve fallen and been hurt I knew I’d be back riding and fully enjoy the moment again, soon, and that gives one perspective, bad times don’t last unless that’s the moment where you strike the line and do your accounting. Which is really what I wanted to talk about, enjoying the moment. I read a book about meditation the stated, plainly, the most stressful moments of our lives are spent around our parents, usually near holidays, because they know all about who we were but nothing about who we are. Stress is very bad for us, I’m not sure why they call these times holidays. So to sum it all up, well, I guess there’s not really a common thread, is there? All the Best, TVA. PS: You have a lovely little curl to your smirk that I hadn’t seen months but I saw today. A nice moment.