"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Little Erin

I'm pretty certain you didn't notice this today so I want to bring this to your attention. After Cleve (really?) made the "plain as the nose on your face" comment that you rejoined, he blushed furiously. He did not mean to hurt your feelings and was embarrassed that he did. Take it from a Guy, we hate it when we say something that ruins any shot we have at a woman, especially a beautiful woman. It's embarrassing and we are supposed to know better. When he gets back to work, any man who saw that is going to go up to him, shaking his head, saying, "Dude..."(which translates in dudespeak to "Do you want to remain a virgin forever?" You may not know this but we don't want to.)
So I feel for him.
I've watched you now, for almost 3 years, pretty much every moment you've been on tv, seen you from every angle and, I don't know if you'll believe me when I say this but, you are one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. I think most of the time you get this but every once in a while, Little Erin comes out and I'm just not a fan of her. She thinks her behind's too big, her sweater's a little looser than she wants, her nose is too big-I'm assuming the list is endless in your mind... and that ruins it for those of us who see you as perfect. You're killing our Muse and we really like her.
So here's the expectation: you are the unattainable perfect woman, beautiful, smart, confident, successful, sexy and real. You carry yourself with an uncommon ease, grace under difficult circumstances, and are witty, prescient and kind. You know in your heart you cast this illusion, and though you may not believe it, you know others will, and you think they're fools which leads to a haughtiness. We know this Big Erin is too much for any one of us little men but we just can't help ourselves...
This is just a rough outline for you to work from: feel free to make it your own.
I hope this clarifies our vision of you and your duty to the smitten.
Perhaps a visualization technique would help: as you are putting on your makeup, just before you spend your time with us, look deeply into the mirror and say, "It's haughty beauty time, it's haughty duty time." The laughter of those around you is just jealousy-it always is.
All the Best, TVA
Ps. Did you know you're the only person I write to? Hopefully that means something to you, something good, warm. And I'm right a lot, huh? So maybe I'm right about this, too