"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Character Defects

Re: Midway down my list of character defects. (1) Avalon on SC. After ranting about Iowa, perhaps you were bracing yourselves for a similar article on SC but I’ve never been to the Palmetto State. Speaking out of hand about their nature would have been disingenuous. I did, however, live in Florida for a year… (2) SOPA. Last night I spontaneously posted the link to the PCCC anti-SOPA petition on this page. Upon reflection, as an artist, I am somewhat conflicted on this subject: the free-internet hippie in me hates the idea of paying for anything on the web but midway down the list of my character defects lies pride in my work-and the thought that I could, somehow, someday, profit from it. I feel compelled to recuse myself from this topic on the basis of this inner conflict. Oh, and I’ve been meaning to mention, hey, Time-Warner: Have you been working out? Tone it down and give some of the rest of us a chance, you big stud. (3) And speaking of chatting up the ladies, WHERE’S MY G-D “CAMEL REPORT”, Erin? Just when I adjusted my pick-up lines to include references to some cute camel-related anecdote you shared with us, you go and drop the whole segment! You’re killing my game! (I tried some tree-frog thing I heard on “Man vs. Wild” but that didn’t go anywhere-not even with pictures. All I got was “Eww, aren’t they, like, amphibious or something? Are you amphibious, too?” and no matter how much you assure them you’re not, you just can’t come back from that.) Help a brother-man out, would ya? Put the hump back in hump-day, for all of us! All the Best, TVA