"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Magazine

Re: and the other thing… Today, while trolling the Walgreens for young women who can’t afford their medication (be fair, guys, we all do it), I happened upon the magazine rack, full of shiny women gazing back at me, fondly, and I couldn’t help but notice you were nowhere to be seen! You might not realize this but YOU’RE HOT and, with the slightest effort on your part, you could have a chance with me! Still, month after month, you insolently refuse a meager acknowledgement of your fans and, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention, have you seen the way Scarlett Johansson is looking at me from “Cosmo”? (It’s filthy-or maybe that’s just me…) It doesn’t have to be “Cosmo”, anything would be a start, “Better Homes”, “Redbook”, even “O” (though I hear that only 30% of women get the O, which is sad, really. I never miss it.) “FHM” seems trustworthy, as well. Get in the game, EB, or risk losing me. I trust we won’t have to have this discussion again. Remember, I am your unapologetic champion: struggle, compete, I will take notice. (Man, that sounds familiar.) All the Best, TVA. Ps. Just kidding about the losing me. Sometimes it seems like you take me for granted, that’s all, but then you smile at me and I want to believe again…