"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Foreign Policy Debate

(A)And the winner is: Huntsman. Watching the exchange between Romney and Huntsman on Afghanistan told me that Huntsman understands that it will always be his neck in the noose and Romney will look for someone else to blame it on. I understand that his low approval numbers preclude him from serious consideration but he’s the best they’ve got. No one seems to get that. (B) Degrees of separation: Erin, we actually met 4 or 5 years ago on the beach at the Del Coronado; well, our eyes met. I didn’t watch CNBC then but as my girlfriend and I were leaving the beach, someone said, importantly, “That’s Erin Burnett!” as we passed each other: too bad we didn’t know who we were, we would have enjoyed talking. I just remember thinking, ”Hummm, pretty…” about the time my girlfriend tried to rip my arm from my shoulder. Freakishly strong, that one. A year later, I tune in SOTS, there you are, and I thought, “Oh, that’s who she is. Still pretty…”