"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bin Laden Schadenfreude

RE: (1) Bin Laden Schadenfreude. The Robert Downey, Jr. character in “Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang is corrected for using the phrase, “I feel badly” with the rejoinder, “That means the mechanism you feel with is in disrepair.” Later in the movie, he says “I feel bad.” and a different character remarks, “Badly, you feel badly. Badly is an adverb, idiot. Where did you go to school?” So, I guess I feel badly about him-but not bad at all. I lived in Colorado Springs on 9/11/01. On the flight from Boston, the first plane to hit the WTC, was the daughter of a guy I worked with, a flight attendant. I know that living in New York you must get the sensation sometimes that this was a regional event or that you felt it more keenly than the rest of us. I doubt that anyone in this country could be more than two or three degrees of separation from that event. I’m still proudly liberal, still against the death penalty, but like the overwhelming number of like-minded progressives, my mechanism for feeling is in disrepair. Just for him, the exception that proves the rule. Like Mark said, “…that son of a bitch.” (I would have never guessed Mark was a liberal.) (2) The long fill at the end of Wednesday’s show. I’ve never watched paint dry, the grass grow or even Congress at work, yet after the slow-motion train wreck at the end of that show, I no longer feel the necessity to do so, I can scratch that one off my list. Good thing you were able to turn that laptop around-it saved the day! I couldn’t help but notice Simon was first under the bus (it’s what immigrants are good for. Where’s a Canadian when you really need one?) Nicely done, Mark. It’s good to know Erin keeps her “Camel Love” site as an idle screen-just in case. Don’t forget, you can always just go to color bars. You guys crack me up. All the Best, TVA. Ps. Camels get pedicures? Are there camel spas? Do camels go there when they’re feeling down so they can feel better about themselves? Pss. How was the energy strip Erin? Will you give it the Burnett Bump?