"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Downward Spiral

RE: the downward spiral. Okay, I get what Ben Bernanke is doing, I really do, but aren’t the destabilizing effects of QEII already starting to appear around the world? Nigeria is revolting, sovereign debt crises in the PIGS, Euro devaluation, and even North Korea is taking a page from the Tea Party (Don’t Tread Near the 38th Parallel). As you like to say, correlation is not causality, but do you believe in synchronicity? Sure, with the Congress in lock-up for the next two years, Gentle Ben is all we’ve got as far as economic stimulus is concerned but how can QE not be viewed as currency manipulation around the world when the Fed has gone as far as stating that asset inflation and dollar devaluation are desirable goals? All this to fix the disproportion in the housing market? (David Kotok on SOTS was outstanding, btw.) Doesn’t QE have the unfortunate effect of giving the illusion of fixing housing valuations by expressing the value in debased dollars? And for the love of God, who thinks Ryan Reynolds is the sexiest man in the world? Isn’t he Canadian? Although I don’t know this for a fact, I don’t think chatrooms are filled up with women bragging about their Canadian lovers, I could be wrong about that, but I DON’T THINK SO! Monte?!? Van Wilder!?! Sweet Baby Jesus, Erin, you have the bully pulpit for three hours a day, how can you let this go unchallenged? He looks like the guy Alpha males pushed down and took his lunch money. If you think that’s sexy, I’m single. Really, I am. Give me a call if you ever hit that part of the spiral, God help you. “People”? What people think that? All the Best, TVA PS: I have to admit RR was great as Monte (“Waiting”) but it burns, it burns. PPS: Given your linage, aren’t you technically a princess? That’s so hot…