"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gangsta's

(Note: posted out of order. Sorry)

RE: The Riddle of the Sphinx. I noticed on Monday’s “Squawk”, Erin’s follow-up question to the representative from Standard and Poor’s went unanswered and, just for the record, I know the answer. The question, if memory serves, was, “What is it the rating agencies are looking for from the government to say to show they are serious about the national debt? (paraphrased)” and if I remember the answer correctly, it was, “I am not at liberty to divulge such knowledge… (paraphrased)”. Here’s the thing: I realize that being in the ivory towers of capitalism that Wall Street purports itself to be, perhaps you’ve forgotten the basics of street economics. Let me paint a picture for you. S&P rolls up mob deep, parks on the lawn and walks into the house party unannounced. The first thing he says is, “I hear you been laying money off all over town, OUR TOWN, and, now, I hear through my associates that you’re not sure when or how you’re gonna service that debt. You don’t know, you’re not sure. Let me ask you something: when you gonna know, huh? You want me to come back when it’s more convenient for you, is that it? When is that. Tell me when that is, I want to know. I want you to stand there and tell me when that is so I’ll know ’cause I got PEOPLE ASKING ME when that is and I don’t know what to tell them. That makes me look stupid and you don’t want me to look stupid do ya? So help me help you, ’cause, I swear to God, the next person that asks me, I’m just gonna lose it…and that’s not gonna be good for anybody, you know what I’m sayin’. You don’t know? You better ask somebody!” I’m just saying S&P are straight up, old -school gangstas and they had just used the idiom of that group, there would have been no question what they wanted. They want to see some sweat from these guys. And they also want them to know S&P’s got a seat at the table, capiche? The strange thing is, S&P’s just trying to protect them from the knee-breakers that are trying to pick up that bad paper. Glad they’re not mad at me. Bow ties are scary. All the Best, TVA Ps. Erin, don’t make Simon say “underwear”. You know how embarrassing that is. Be a team player. Pss. An economy rides on horseback in morning, runs on two legs during the day and uses a crutch, credit, in the evening.