"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gavel Jokes

(Background: When John Boehner became Speaker of the House, he struck the House in session with a mallet appropriate for ringing a bell at a carney's game. Again, positively reprehensible behavior-on my part as well...)

RE: Gavel Jokes. Given your strength of character, you were able to resist the urge to comment on the ceremonial passing of the gavel in the House but I am not so conflicted. (1) What is this “Whack a Mole”? (2) I’m sure the difference in gavel size is compensation for the moral authority and when I say moral authority I mean penis. (I’m hoping we’re comfortable enough with each other I can say that) (3) Please don’t shout out “Is that Dick Cheney?” It makes my stuff retract into my body cavity which takes several days of coaxing and reassurance to undo. That‘s what I shout at my kids when they won‘t go to bed. (4) I didn’t realize Boehner was tanned AND Catholic. He’s almost Kennedy. Except for the moral authority and when I say moral authority… (5) If I swung a hammer like that, I’d never get out of bed. (As it is, I just sleep late.) (6) I thought they were going to have to send out the hook to get Pelosi off the stage. Not that Congressmen would have a problem locating a hooker. Yada, yada, yada. I think you get the idea. Bill Gross, well, all the guys from PIMCO are the best. No spin, just dry humor, perfect for the day. All the Best, TVA Ps: consider yourself invited to my new blog “Sanctuary” ( http://sanctuarybytva.blogspot.com ) There’s Cake! (in a sense) It’s Angelfood… sorry. Pps: I hope you laugh at this stuff, you’ve got a great laugh and that’s why I do this. I promise better decorum next time.