"So, Erin, at last we meet..."

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Here's those answers you requested...

RE: The answers you requested (and some extra ones I had lying around, taking up space and, you know, they’re not bad answers-too good to just throw away [for sure!] so I thought I’d pass them along to you to see what you think, not that you have to reply in any fashion-there’s no pressure here…)A. Consumer confidence verses the Business Roundtable. Historically, knights meet around a roundtable and that would be great if that meant chivalry wasn’t dead. We’re taking volunteers to go slay that pesky dragon…B. $5 ATM fee. The one thing I learned about Jamie Dimon from the Fabs interview in Davos is he likes money, our money, shamelessly. I, typically, like candor but that makes him so 2 dimensional he reminds me of the guidance counselor character on South Park, “I like money, un kay?” C. Why movies are bad. They’re so 2 dimensional they remind me of that guidance counselor character from South Park, “I like money, un kay?” (that’s not a repeat, it’s a sequel.) D. Real estate in Dubai. Now you did it. You had to keep poking at me until you got me all riled up. It’s bad enough that they use our military to destabilize nations to remove their oil exports as to protect demand/prices from too much supply (see Iraq and now Libya-curious how we seem to be promoting civil war there, think that will effect production?) now, I have to watch you admire how big their buildings are. I’m not saying I have building envy but you could occasionally say that ours are a nice size-without us having to drag it out of you. We have feelings, you know. I’m just kidding, we really don’t… All the Best, TVA Ps. RE: Mandy’s “Americans stole my watch!” rant on SOTS. Erin, I know you tried to get her to elaborate on that apparently traumatic occurrence, which she insolently refused, preferring her prejudice against all Americans as opportunistic, airport-lurking, petty thieves (paraphrased). I lost a watch once (I have slender wrists). It was an Armitron (digital!-it was the 70’s) on a leather strap I thought was tight enough but I looked at my wrist and it was gone! Did I accuse the rest of the commune of taking it? No, even as a young man, perhaps too handsome for his own good, I knew that sometimes people loose watches-and sometimes people find watches-and neither of them are bad! To cast aspersions on an entire group of people from my own experience reflects more poorly on myself then on them. So, try to remember, we lurk all over the place, Mandy, not just the airport. (You know, it’s always in the last place you look. Check there!) Pss. Mr. Mackey, that’s the guidance counselor’s name, I was just reminded, which is great because not remembering his name really bothered me for some reason.